Shani's Chicken and Cabbage Stew


I’ve made a dish similar to this before but there was no meat. I've mentioned this before but I love making up meals and experimenting in the kitchen.
Early one morning around 5:30 am I came home after dropping my daughter off for her wrestling tournament and decided to throw two boneless chicken breasts in my one quart crock pot then I made breakfast for my son and hubby, placed it in the oven on warm and went to bed. Eight hours later I developed a meal...

Ingredients

2 boneless chicken breasts
1 head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
2 large tomatoes or 1 14oz can, diced
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon of basil

Directions

In the morning, put chicken breasts in a crockpot and fill with water; you can add bouillon cubes if you like, cooking for about 8 hours.

Once the chicken has finished cooking and is nice and tender, in a large pot add onions and cook on medium high stirring frequently until tender. Add juice from chicken (do not add chicken, set it aside), and the rest of your ingredients and bring to a boil, turn heat down to medium and let simmer for 30 minutes.

Break chicken apart until it looks shredded and add to the rest of the ingredients; cook on medium low for 30 minutes.

This is extremely filling but if you want to add a little starch you can cut up some red potatoes and add them to your stew when you add the cabbage. My daughter ate hers over jasmine rice.

I will constantly play with his recipe and add different things to it. It’s definitely one of those dishes you can do that with.

*I don’t not cook with a lot of salt, so add salt as desired.

And...It Is What It Is!

Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube health channel http://youtube.com/shaninicolehealth

Comments

Popular Posts