Happy 8th Birthday Dai Jshon! (party details)


Today (April 30th) is my son’s 8th birthday I am so very blessed to have this little boy in my life. He is extremely intelligent and a bit too smart for his own good; he definitely keeps me on my toes.

As always, I brought cupcakes to his classroom this morning so he could celebrate his birthday on the actual day in addition to a weekend birthday party, later today we will be going out to eat to the restaurant of my son’s choice. This is a tradition for my family, we always go out to eat for someone’s birthday and while my kids are in elementary school they get cupcakes and goodie bags in class if their birthday falls on a school day. I am big on birthdays; they are a celebration of life.

We had his official party this weekend; when I plan events I like to do something outside the box and interesting, when it comes to my children I try to make their party unique and something they want to have and can enjoy. This year we had a Halo 4 themed birthday party for him.

When it was decided that he would have a Halo 4 themed party I tried to think about what would make it interesting, first I had to find out what Halo 4 was all about; I am not into video games so I was somewhat lost. After doing some research I decided that laser tag would be a good choice for his birthday.

I went online to look for Halo party supplies and I found nothing, nothing that wasn’t someone’s homemade creation and even though I love to support someone’s hustle, I too create a lot of homemade items and could easily create what they were selling and personalize it for my son.

I always create my children’s party invitations based on the theme of the party, I usually have their photo and size on the invite as well (well for my son I add his current clothing and shoe size). I have their invites printed at Wal-Mart for .10-.29 cents each. It’s worth it to customize my children’s parties as much as possible.

Since his party was at a facility that provides laser tag I only had to worry about the cake and goodie bags. Since I could not find any Halo 4 party bags I decided to create my own party bags; I bought some white lunch bags and place a sticker on each one; on the invite there is a photo of my son’s face inside of the mask of Master Chief, I thought that it would be a great idea to add that to his goodie bags as well that’s says “Dai Jshon’s 8th Birthday Party”. For the cake he wanted red velvet with cream cheese frosting; I created an image that the bakery was able to place on top made out of edible paper.

The party started at 7pm and was over by 9:30pm which was perfect because after he had a sleepover so all of the kids were able to hang out until they were tired. For breakfast they had cereal and hotdogs, chips and juice for lunch.

It turned out to be a great birthday for my lil dude! Next year I may rent a gaming truck.

If you are interested in ordering personalized invites for your child’s birthday or any other function please email me at info@reddibusiness.com

And…It Is What It Is!!




Comments

Popular Posts