Healthy Quick Breakfast Sandwich (Video)

I know it has been a minute since my last post and honestly, my life has been somewhat hectic lately and I’ve had so much going on that when it comes time to taking out a moment to write a blog I sometimes don’t have all of my thoughts together in order to write anything up.

I wanted to post a quick blog to go with a video I posted last Friday. I’ve mentioned previously that breakfast was always my hardest meal to eat. Well, now that I have become accustomed to eating breakfast my challenge is taking the time to make it. I am either too tired to make my breakfast at night or I get up too late to make it in the morning, so I end up buying breakfast most of the time or making oatmeal which I keep at my desk at work. Sometimes I want more substance in the morning and oatmeal just won’t cut it.

If you have kids it can be hard to make sure they get their breakfast in the mornings as well (a real breakfast), I am lucky enough to have a teenager who can cook breakfast for herself and my son during the week during the summer; but on weekends when we are rushing out to a game in the morning or when my son tags along with me to the gym, I need to make sure he eats, on the go.

In the video I have two slices of whole wheat toast, one whole egg, one turkey sausage patty and honey. You can use any substitute you choose for any of the ingredients and season to taste. You can also add some spinach or other veggies to the eggs to get your morning veggies in.

Here’s what you do: Crack (add any seasonings or veggies) and beat your egg (or egg white) in a small soup bowl (try to stay with ceramic if you can, I noticed it works better and the egg is easier to remove, I got mines at the dollar store specifically for work), put the egg in the microwave for one minute; use a fork to loosen from the bowl. Put your meat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds (I heated my turkey sausage for one minute), you can toast your bread or leave it soft. Spread honey or jam on your bread and add your egg and meat and enjoy.

This whole process take about 5 minutes tops and if you have 2 microwaves available like I do at work, it is even less time. Because there is no oil needed to make your egg it is even healthier and it tastes like a normal egg so don’t be worried about the taste. Your egg comes out perfectly for a croissant, bagel, sandwich thins and English muffins as well.

Calories: 268

And…It is What It Is!


Comments

Popular Posts