Shani’s Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Sunday night I had my daughter take out a few chicken breasts so they could thaw out, but I decided I wanted to make black bean burgers instead so I put the chicken in the refrigerator for Monday night. So Monday arrives and I knew I was going to cook chicken but I had no idea how I wanted to prepare it. I really did not feel like making a trip to the store so I had to figure out what we had on hand. So while I took my nap it came to me…lol
My family loved this meal and it was quite filling, even though my daughter tried to steal my plate when I turned my head...lol. The chicken was very tender and juicy as well.

Ingredients
4 marinated chicken breasts
1 cup of cooked wild rice
1 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
1 medium red onion
1/4 cup green onions
1 medium tomato
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 eggs
1/4 cup Parmesan and mozzarella cheese mixed

Directions
Marinate chicken breasts in whatever marinade you like for at least an hour, I marinated mines for 2.5 hours and I used an herb garlic marinade.
Prepare the wild rice 20 minutes before you began.
Preheat oven on 350 degrees.
Add 2 slices of whole wheat bread to food processor until it crumbs, this should make one cup; set aside.
Mix all your veggies in the food processor until chopped; it will look like salsa.
Now add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Remove chicken from marinade but do not throw out marinade.
Lay chicken flat and slice the thinner side of the chicken breast and create a pocket. Leave about ¼ inch uncut around the entire breast. DO NOT CUT IN HALF.
Fill each pocket with the mix; make sure you stuff it all the way in but be careful so you do not make a hole in the chicken.
Pour half of marinade in a 9x9 glass baking dish place each chicken breast in dish with the stuffed side upwards, cover with foil and cook one hour.
Uncover chicken and spoon juice from the baking dish over chicken.

Keep in mind, you can stuff yours with whatever you like. The above recipe is just how I made my meal, so personalize it and make it your own!

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

  1. Hey Shani I been thinking of what I could do different with my two favorite meats. This is so cool and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts