My Most Difficult Fitness Challenge Ever

 

I love to challenge myself and set goals for myself. So recently, I set a new goal, to lose 50 lbs. I have given myself until February 10th to reach this goal; that’s 15 weeks. What makes this goal even more important is that I am planning a trip for the end of February that I want to look fab for, so even though I set the goal before I planned the trip, the trip makes it that much more crucial and gives me something to be motivated about.

I have set up tools to help me reach that 50 lb. goal because I can easily fall back into a bad routine; it doesn’t take me much to do so. I will be weighing myself weekly every Monday Morning, now I know I said I do not weigh myself and I prefer to measure myself; and I will continue to measure as well. I just need to have different ways to measure my progress and if I ever get frustrated at the weight change I will have my measurements to ease the pain and keep me from becoming frustrated because I fully intend on continuing with my weight training and as we know, muscle weighs more than fat. I need as many angles as possible to reach this goal. It’s a high goal and it will be hard to achieve but if I keep my eyes on the prize I know I can do it.

I’ve posted many times before that I do not believe in fat burners so I won’t be taking diet pills to achieve my goal, this will be all blood, sweat and tears shed by me and hopefully a lot of weight.

Now before anyone starts saying that’s too much weight and I don’t need to lose that much; I’m going to ask that you keep your opinion to yourself and allow me to do what makes me happy in peace. I know where I want to be and I am going to get there.

Here are a few tools I am using to stay on track and reach this new goal I have set for myself.

  1. I reached out to a few friends to keep me on track; I shared with them my goal and told them to stay on my case.
  2. I keep a photo of one of the people going on the trip and remind myself I have to look as sexy as them or close, when we all step out on the beach.
  3. I have a colorful poster hanging up in my room and each week I post my current weight and how much I have to go and each time I get down 10 lbs. I will post motivational stickers next to that weight.
  4. I keep two jars one labeled “pounds lost” and the other “labeled pounds to go” and each time I lose or gain a pound I will place a marble in the corresponding jar.
  5. I keep my current weight posted at my desk at work, it will change weekly. It’s only the number and it’s huge, but it’s a constant reminder for me to stay on track and only I know what it’s for.
  6. I have a reminder set on my phone that shows me my current weight and how many lbs. I have to lose and it goes off every day at 6pm Mon-Fri, 8 am on Saturdays and 9am on Sundays, this helps to keep me motivated and makes sure I get up and go to the gym on days I feel lazy and don’t want to go.
  7. I’ve created meal plans to keep me from guessing what to eat on a daily basis.
  8. I’m going back to braids so my hair isn’t a distraction. Yes, I said it…lol

All of these visuals will help me stay focused. Having it right there in your face is the best way to remind yourself what you are trying to achieve and how much further you have to go.

This challenge will take place during the time I make my conversion into vegetarianism, that’s the reason why the end of the challenge is February 10th because my thirty day vegetarian challenge ends Saturday the 8th and I will weigh in Monday the 10th. I won’t post my weight but I will let you know if I reached my goal and how much I lost in total.

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts