Easy Apple Crumble

 
Sunday night I really wanted something sweet but I didn’t want something high in fat, I didn’t want something with too much sugar and I didn’t want something that would take forever to cook.
I remembered that I had some green apples and so I decided to make an apple crumble; but I only had steel cut oats so I had to improvise which resulted in an even easier recipe. This recipe contains no flour.
I really played this one by ear and I didn’t measure a thing but I will try to get the measurements as close as possible.   I topped mines of with Open Nature Greek Vanilla Frozen Yogurt.
 
Ingredients
 
Filling
2 medium Green Apples
1/4 cup Water
1 tsp real Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tblsp Brown Sugar
 
Topping
¼ cup of Granola (I used Cascadian Farm, Organic Oats & Honey Granola Cereal)
3 tsp real Butter

Directions

Preheat oven on 375 degree.
 
Peel, core and cut apples into slices (I used an apple slicer), then add to a bowl. Add water, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Using a fork, spoon or spatula; coat apple slices completely. Pour entire mixture into a baking dish.
 
Melt butter. In a bowl, using a fork, spoon or spatula; mix granola and melted butter just enough to coat all of the granola with butter. Sprinkle granola mixture on top of apples, spread evenly.
 
Bake on 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes until apples are slightly tender.

Top with some yummy vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt

Note: For the grown up version replace 3/4 of your water with some Black Velvet Toasted Caramel bourbon ;-)

Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 45-55 minutes
Servings: 3-4

And…It Is What It Is!
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts