BH Cosmetics Haul/Review


I have been debating whether or not I was going to post this review. After writing it, I had signed up to become an affiliate for the company but they rejected me. They did not feel my blog would bring them enough business. Honestly that is the first time I have ever heard of such a thing considering you only get paid when people purchase items so in my opinion it shouldn’t matter.

I decided that I would post this blog anyway since my reason for writing it was to provide my honest opinion of their products and to allow my readers the opportunity to save a little money. So please enjoy.

I was on Facebook a few weeks ago and Evelyn Lozada had mentioned a tutorial by makeup artist Missy Lynn featuring Evelyn’s Vida Luxe cosmetics line; I checked out the tutorial and liked it so I decided to check out more videos. There was a video where Missy Lynn talked about some of her favorite cosmetics; two of the items were a liquid foundation and a 36-piece brush set by BH Cosmetics. I don’t really wear foundation; as a matter of fact I had owned only one bottle that I bought from M.A.C. almost four years ago. As I explore makeup a little more I find myself trying out new things so I decided to go online and purchase a few items.

I usually use only M.A.C. and E.L.F makeup products so I typically don’t do makeup reviews, but I think it is something I will begin to do from time to time. I actually have a few things that I will be discussing on my blog that I don’t usually share so be on the lookout for what’s to come next.
I decided to order the 66 Color Lip Gloss Palette, the 36 pcs Ultimate Brush Set, and the BH Liquid Foundation in Golden Beige. Everything was super cheap, at the time the brush set was on sale for like $32.95 or something like that and the foundation was $3.95. I don’t remember how much the lip palette was but I will say it was not very much and now it’s on sale for $10.95.
I originally intended to only purchase the brush set and the foundation but if I spent so much I got free shipping by the time I plugged in the lip palette I pretty much got it for free since at the time it was about the same price as the shipping fee; I received my order within a week.
66 Color Lip Gloss Palette: This palette has some interesting colors, some I will never wear a day in my life. I played around with a few of them but nothing serious. I will need to really go through them to get an idea of how long they last and how they cover my lips.
36 pcs Ultimate Brush Set: This set is so friggin awesome! It is the perfect addition to my M.A.C. 14-piece brush set and all of the new E.L.F. brushes I bought over the holidays. The BH Cosmetics Brush Set Includes the following: Eyebrow Brush, Spoolie Brush, Small Fan Brush, Shadow Sponge Brush, Eyeliner Brush, Angled Liner Brush, Rounded Liner Brush, Bent Eyeliner Brush, Small Smudger Brush, Small Angled Liner Brush, Small Rounded Liner Brush, Flat Liner Brush, Eyeliner Smudger Brush, Round Angled Smudge Brush, Lip Brush, Concealer Brush,  Short Smudger Brush, Small Concealer Brush, Smudge Brush, Small Smudge Brush, Crease Brush, Flat Shadow Brush, Round Flat Shader Brush, Eyeshadow Brush, Angled Shadow, Brush, Blending Brush, Short Shadow Brush, Angled Blending Brush, Large Shadow Brush,  Foundation Brush, Small Blush Brush, Large Angled Blush Brush, Highlight & Contour Brush, Duo Fiber Stippling Brush, Powder Brush, and Large Fan Brush.

 BH Liquid Foundation in Golden Beige: I really liked the way this covered my face. I used my brand new E.L.F. Kabuki Brush and my M.A.C. powder foundation for a flawless finish. The only issue is that I felt like I looked darker for some reason; I feel the same way with my M.A.C. foundation during this time of year. I wasn’t sure until I went out with a friend and they saw me a couple days later without any makeup and told me I looked darker the other day. I blended my makeup into my neck area fairly well so it wasn’t noticeable but I knew I had to make a change.
Both the BH Cosmetics and the M.A.C. foundation are matched for my summer complexion. In the winter through spring I am kind of pale. So, I decided to go back onto the BH Cosmetics website and purchase a lighter shade of foundation.
The order arrived this past Monday, one week from the date I ordered it. This time I ordered BH Liquid Foundation: Medium Rose, BH Liquid Foundation: Mocha, BH Lip Gloss: Studious, Crème Luxe Lipstick: Forever Nude, Crème Luxe Lipstick: Naked Peach and Crème Luxe Lipstick: Tea Time.
BH Liquid Foundation in Medium Rose: Medium Rose is a shade lighter than the Golden Beige I decided to try it out this past weekend and it was a perfect match so I now have a winter foundation if I so happen to need it.
BH Lip Gloss: Studious: This lip gloss surprised me, it wasn’t thick and goopy it was actually thinner than I am used to, it went on well. I wore it this past Saturday and liked it a lot.
When it comes to lipstick I am very picky, as you can see from the colors I have here I prefer more natural colors. I am also more of a lip gloss girl but I have been increasing my lipstick collection a lot lately and I have a few dark pinks and some reds. I feel the same about all of the lip colors I purchased so I will just share a photo for each color. I applied M.A.C. lip gloss on top of two of them. 
Crème Luxe Lipstick: Forever Nude:
Crème Luxe Lipstick: Naked Peach:

Crème Luxe Lipstick: Tea Time:
The BH Liquid Foundation in Mocha was for my daughter who is a tad bit darker than I am. Even though she does not wear makeup at this time, she does enjoy practicing and will wear makeup for special school functions like the homecoming dance and things like that. She tried on the foundation and loved it, it looked really natural.
I haven’t purchased any of their eyeshadows at this time because I have so many already.
Once I build my new makeup storage system I will buy more eyeshadow palettes because at this time I have nowhere to put them.
I recommend BH Cosmetics for your makeup needs, especially for anyone who loves makeup or anyone starting out with makeup but doesn’t want to spend a ton of money. I have a really hard time matching drugstore foundation to my skin so I am really happy to be able to find something inexpensive that covers well and matches my skin tone.
And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts