Allow Others to be Happy, be Happy for Them (Stop Hating)


I saw a post on Facebook a few days ago that inspired me to share my opinion. I’ve somewhat talked about haters before so this isn’t a new topic for me but it’s a different perspective. I can never truly understand wouldn’t just be happy and/or supportive of others decisions/accomplishments.

Instead of hating on the next person’s success, maybe you should humble yourself and ask them if they can help you get to where you would like to be. You’d be surprised at how many of the people you hate on would like actually like to see you succeed.

After you ask them, ask them what they had to sacrifice and how hard they had to work to get to that point; whether it is being a good parent, being in a good relationship, having a good job etc. Then ask yourself if you’re willing to do the same to get to where you want to be.
Are you hating on her hair? I’m sure she will tell you her stylist.
Are you hating on his muscles? I’m sure he will give you some workout tips.
Are you hating on their job? I’m sure they will tell you how they go to that point.
Are you hating on their beauty? I’m sure they will tell you their beauty secrets/routine.
Are you hating on their talent? I’m sure they can help you identify your own.
Are you hating on their weight loss? I’m sure they can share their eating habits.

Hating is nothing more than being envious/jealous of the next person and/or their success. But when you get to a point where you are happy with yourself you don’t need to hate on the next person because you feel equal and/or better. Therefore creating a mutual respect for what that person has accomplished and worked for.

If you can’t be genuinely happy for them find how their success has helped you. For example, If they got a new job think about how that’s one less person on welfare you have to pay for, or if you’re the one on welfare think of it as one more person contributing to your monthly check.

Whatever you need to do to get yourself in a better place where you can be at peace with what someone else has accomplished, do it. But remember we can accomplish a lot more united than we can apart. Allow others to be happy, be happy for them. 


And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts