Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Breasts

 
I love making marinades and I wanted to marinate some chicken breasts for this week’s meal plan. I picked up a few boneless skinless chicken breasts from Safeway last week and to my surprise there were only three in the package so I sliced them into halves creating 6 pieces; which made them thinner which was ok for me because I am not much of a white meat person  so the thinner and the juicier the better.
I don’t care what anyone says, you should always enjoy your food. Being miserable just to eat healthy is ridiculous. So eat the foods you need to eat and eliminate the ones you don’t but at the same time prepare them in a manner where you can enjoy them by still keeping it healthy.
OK, now on to the recipe!
Ingredients
5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bunch chopped of cilantro
2 small limes or 1 large; juiced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup cooking wine
1 cup water
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon of Fiesta Citrus seasoning
Directions
Rinse chicken thoroughly.
Place chicken and cilantro in a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
In a bowl, whisk remaining ingredients then pour into the Ziploc bag
Shake until everything is mixed well then let as much air as possible out of the bag.
Sit flat in the refrigerator for 2 or more hours
Preheat grill. Once it is nice and hot place chicken on the grill. Cook 5-10 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your meat.
And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts