On the Road to Success


“The Road to Success is Paved with Failure”

I learned years ago that while on the road to success there will be a lot of potholes, speed bumps, speed traps, detours, landslides and almost anything else possible to derail your journey. I find myself starting over or just pausing from time to time. I can touch on so much when I talk about my journey; there is my fitness journey, my journey to  reach my educational goals and my journey in business; but instead of me talking about myself and my many goals, today I want to focus on you and yours.

Whether it’s a journey of fitness or just improving your quality of life, you will encounter many loops, turns, and obstacles along the way. There will be those who will not believe in you, will not support you, and who will do everything to slow or stop you from reaching your goals. It will take everything inside of you to win. If you have set a New Year’s resolution, stick to it. Keep it to yourself if you have negative people around you. I know when we set a goal we get excited and find ourselves anxious to tell someone but sometimes sharing your goals is worse than anything. The reason for this is because when you share with certain people who do not support your goals their negativity tends to kill your own confidence and places doubt in your mind. Negativity from those around us plays a huge role on our psyche whether we know it or not.

I am a believer in throwing things into the universe. What you throw out is what you will get back. Tell yourself what you will do and what will happen, all in the positive. Stay away from phrases like “I want to”, “I hope”, I think I will”, those phrases carry doubt and uncertainty; you will confuse the universe.

Close your eyes and see yourself reaching your goals. See yourself as a healthier you, see yourself holding your degree, see yourself happy.

And…It is What It is!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts