Reorganize, Reorganize, Reorganize Until You Get it Right


Sometimes, I go through a change crisis; I feel like I need to re-organize my life. When it comes to work I can handle change without an issue, but when it comes to my life the change is a little harder when I am working with a tight timeline. Making sure I utilize every moment and get everything done that I need to can be difficult.

When I started back to school I thought I had everything planned out; I was so very very wrong. I have had the most difficult time getting it together with my normal routine. I thought I could make just a few minor adjustments and everything would be okay.

Most people do not have to worry about as much as I do; their lives are simpler than mines. On the other hand, you have people that have even more on their plate; those are the people I look at and admire; those are the people that keep me saying, “I can do this, let me figure out how.”

Every time I need to reorganize my life, I approach it the same way I would a client’s marketing plan. I have this process of creating a timeline; then I break down each component of the timeline for better understanding and preparation.

Example: Sunday – Prepare meals for the week
Breakfast – Egg Muffins (10)
Snack – Turkey Muffin (10)
Lunch – Grilled Chicken and Broccoli (5)
Snack – Roasted Veggies (1)
Dinner – Salmon and Spinach (5)

Breaking down my timeline helps me prepare for the items in the timeline. For instance, in the above example, I now know what my shopping list looks like; without this, my timeline and plan is useless. If I do not know what I need in order to put my plan in action, I cannot execute my plan. I hate to admit it, but this is exactly what I did not do and of course I am off track.

People around me do not understand how important it is for me to be able to do everything that is important to me. People look at my life and think I do not have room for more, but the past week, I was given an assignment to keep track of my every move in thirty minute increments for five days and I realized I have too much free time. This put so much in perspective for me.

I think this is a good project for anyone who needs to figure out what they want to do with their life and find time for more. Evaluate your life for a week; look at how much time you spend doing things like, watching TV, talking on the phone, sitting on the computer, and anything else that is not necessary. Cut back on more of this time and fill it with something constructive and productive.

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts