Crock Pot Chronicles - Shani’s Red Beans & Rice

With my full-time school schedule and full-time work schedule, I try to find ways to continue to feed my family home cooked meals. A crockpot is a great way to do so. I will start my Crock Pot Chronicles and share them with you. I do not do a lot of crockpot cooking but when I do I will share.

Shani’s Red Beans & Rice

Ingredients
1 bag of red beans, soaked
1 large turkey leg or 2 medium
4 cups of chicken broth
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
1 whole red bell pepper, chopped
1 whole green bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon of Shani’s Cajun Seasoning
1 teaspoon of pepper

Directions
The night before:
Soak complete bag of red beans overnight
Chop all vegetables and put in a container in the fridge
Mix all seasonings in a bag and set aside

The next morning:
Rinse beans and dump into crock pot, add veggies, chicken broth and seasonings. Place top on crockpot and plug it in, turn temp to low.

Allow it to cook while you are at work, when you get home it will be ready for dinner.
Cook rice per the instructions and enjoy

And…it is what it is!


Comments

Popular Posts