Memorial Weekend Getting Dirty with the Family

I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend, I surely did! Aside from spending my Friday & Saturday doing homework, I was able to get together with the family and work on the back yard. Even though we bicker and disagree about how to do this or that, we all find a way to work together and make it happen. It is those moments that I cherish the most, I enjoy my family and I would not trade them for the world. I have two awesome kids who work my every last nerve, but I just do not know what life would be without them. Plus everyone gets to release their frustrations with a few lawn and power tools.
In a few weeks we will be having a celebration at our home; celebrating two birthdays and two graduations. My daughter and cousin are both graduating from high school and I could not be more proud. However, their friends are a lot younger than me and mines, therefore, the girls and their friends will have the entire back of the house, while our friends have the front. We are having a Luau theme in the front of the house and a graduation theme in the back. It will look like two completely different places which is the intention.
There is something about working on home projects that just makes me happy. I have never been one afraid to roll up my sleeves and dive into building or fixing something around the house. However, my schedule has prevented me from being able to, but having the family there to assist me has been great.
The four of us got dirty digging up dirt and rocks and building a pallet couch (details and photos soon). We started on the yard a week ago, during the weekend, then came back to it this past Sunday and Monday. Every inch of my yard, including the concrete patio looked like a jungle. It had been over taken by blackberry bushes, vines, moss and grass as high my waist. Now that it is all cleared up, we just have to do some clean-up of the dirt and debris we left behind. Once it is completed I am sure it will be awesome!

And…It Is What it Is!

Comments

Popular Posts