Finding Your Motivation - The Struggle Is Real

I want to talk to you guys about motivation. I have been writing my mini book that will be available on my website www.gethfm.com once it is completed, and one of the topics I cover is motivation. Not just motivation in general but finding it, keeping it, and reactivating it if you lose it.

This morning I was driving to work and thinking about my morning run video I posted on Instagram; I reminded my followers to Get Healthy Get Fit Get Motivated. This morning I had to scroll through my Instagram feed and find my motivation to get out of bed and complete my run. My best friend had already arrived at my house; I opened the door then went back upstairs and climbed right back in my bed. I knew I had to get up but I needed the mental energy and motivation in order to have a great run.

I have touched on my struggles with staying motivated over the past 8 months or so since I started school. Well, school was only part of what was going on in my life.  I will not get into detail but I will say that I fell off from my fitness lifestyle, I fell way off. I got it back during a challenge I hosted back in March but then I fell off again; over that time I gained a whopping 30 pounds. I became angry and I was disappointed with myself. I have always tried to maintain a positive outlook on life and I was grinding in school something serious but there was something missing from my life. Fitness has been a part of my life for almost four years and it has become a part of me; so I felt like a part of me was gone, missing; I did not feel complete. But what I did not know is the impact I had on others, how much others depended on my posts and looked forward to seeing them. I have had people contact me and commend me, ask me questions and seek guidance but when others who had not reached out, had not liked any posts, or commented on anything began to reach out to me, it truly sank in the impact my journey had on others. I had people inboxing me, calling me, walking up to me and asking me why I had not posted any workout videos and telling me they missed my videos and posts. I was amazed; I am always honored when people support my journey, I am even more honored when they tell me how much I motivate them and help them keep it going or get started.

I am the type of person who cannot afford to take time off; my body type has to stay on point in order to keep my weight intact. I can take a month off and after that, I begin to gain my weight back. So needless to say, I had to get back to me. Since I had begun my fitness journey this had been the longest I had fallen off and I knew I had to get back on track. I decided that July 5th would be the date I would get back on track. One of the things I also decided is that I would deactivate my Facebook page; Facebook had nothing to do with my fitness journey I just wanted to take a break from it and I figured the 5th of July would be a perfect time. So before I went to bed on July 5th I deactivated my Facebook and at this point I have not reactivated nor have I missed it. Another thing I did was braid my hair, braids give me the freedom to sweat like a pig and not be concerned about my hair. I made a pact with myself to keep the braids in until I reach a certain benchmark; but I sure do miss my weave…lol.

I made the decision to get back on track months before I actually did so, I knew that the day after the 4th of July would be a good day for me since I had no idea what naughty treats I would indulge in over the holiday; plus my birthday was June 15th and I had a BBQ planned so all of those factors would derail my goals so I wanted to make sure that I started my journey during a time where I would have less temptation.

When it comes to making major changes I am a planner, I like to create a plan to ensure success. Life happens and it throws you curve balls all the time so even when you plan you may be thrown off a bit but when you have a plan you can go back to it makes it easier to do so. I have created challenges using my plans and they have been proven to work. I create plans for people who struggle just like I do, because life is not easy but if a busy mom like me can find her way back so can anyone else.
I always say, look at it as a lifestyle with no set destination because if you set a specific destination, once you get to that destination you may find yourself giving up and eventually right back where you started.

For me being a mom is perfect because I am teaching my children habits that will benefit them when they get older.

When you are ready to start your journey, sit down and come up with a realistic plan. If you need help getting started feel free to email me at gethealthyfitmotivated@gmail.com and I will be glad to help you. You are welcome to follow me and my journey on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and Periscope; just search for ShaniNicole or IamShaniNicole

And…It Is What it Is!

Comments

  1. "Finding Your Motivation - The Struggle is Real" acknowledges the challenges many face in staying motivated. It highlights the common struggle to maintain enthusiasm and drive towards goals. Through this recognition, the article likely offers strategies and encouragement to help readers overcome these obstacles. By addressing this universal struggle, it can resonate with a wide audience seeking motivation and provide valuable insights for personal growth. Verna Haywood





    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts