Shani’s Sriracha Honey Chicken

Growing up my favorite part of the chicken was always the drumstick. As I got older my favorite became the thigh. However, I have never really liked white meat but over the years I have been eating it more often. I still enjoy chicken things, wing and drumsticks but I try to eat more breast meat in my meal prep. In order to do so, the meat has to be tender so I like to cut my pieces in half so it isn’t as thick. I then create a tasty marinade and allow me breast meat to marinate for a couple of hours before cooking. I also prefer grilling, broiling or pan searing my chicken breasts over baking; to me, baking tends to dry it out.

So for this week’s meal prep I made a marinade consisting of sriracha, honey, lemon, garlic paste, and cilantro. Check out the recipe below.

Shani’s Sriracha Honey Chicken

Ingredients
1 lb of Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Sriracha
1/4 cup of Honey
1 Lemon, juiced
1 tblspn Garlic Paste
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro

Directions
Lay chicken breasts flat, place one palm on top of the chicken breasts and slide your knife from the front to the back down the center of the breast. Now you should have two thinner pieces of chicken breasts, continue until all thick slices are thin; set aside.

In a medium sized bowl, combine remaining ingredients and whisk until everything has been blended.

Add chicken to a large Ziploc bag and pour in contents from bowl. Seal and cover all chicken with marinade. Reopen bag and let out as much air as possible. Lay bag flat in the refrigerator for two hours.

Warm up grill and allow it to get hot. Place chicken breasts flat on grill. Cook each side for 10 minutes.
*Tip I like to use this recipe for hot wings as well; minus the cilantro. *Recipe Here

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts