Chicken, Greens & Beans Weight Loss Soup


I am currently on my 60 Day Total System Reboot program and I was really looking forward to this soup once I reached Phase Two. Phase Two does not consist of any meat so I did not make mines with chicken. To be honest I usually only consume kale in my smoothies but I had been wanting to try it. I must say it was delicious and even my son loved it. However,  you can substitute the kale for collards.

I used 4 cups of broth, 4 cups of stock, 4 cups water, two bunches of Kale and 2 cans of Cannellini Beans, so I would have enough for 10 days (all of phase 2),I also made mines without meat (no chicken); the remainder of the recipe I kept the same. I ate one bowl same day and froze 9 servings in individual ziploc bags for the remaining 9 days.

Ingredients
1 pound Chicken Breast
Sea Salt
Black Pepper, ground
1 TBSP of Olive Oil
1 bunch Celery, chopped (including green leafy tops)
1 large Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tsp crushed Red Pepper
1 Bay Leaf
4 cups low sodium Chicken Broth
2 cups Water
1 bunch Kale, chopped
1 can of Cannellini Beans

Directions
Cut chicken breast into cubes.
Heat large pot with olive oil on medium-high add chicken, brown chicken. Add onions, garlic and celery and cook until tender.
Add salt, black pepper, red pepper, bay leaf, broth, and water and turn heat up to high.
Once it comes to a boil reduce heat to medium-high, add cannelloni beans and kale and bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 mins.
Remove bay leaf before serving

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts