My Natural Hair

So I recently took my braids out because they were looking a hot mess. Instead of re-braiding my hair because I don't have the time while I am in school I decided to play with different ideas and hairdos. I've received a lot of compliments on them so I decided to share two of my hairdos with you and I'm going to try to explain how I did them. Both last about a week, if you keep your hair wrapped at night.

Braided Mohawk

Needed: 2 packs of Havana Twists. 1 Latch Hook. Black rubber bands. Bobby pins. Weaving needle and thread (optional).

First I braided my hair towards the middle (You can braid in any pattern you like).
Connect the braids by creating two separate french braids going backwards. Tie each end with a rubber band (if needed)
Pin or sew (using hair weave thread) the ends of the braids up.
Using a Latch Hook put the latch through the bottom of one of the big braids. Make sure the latch is open. (You can start on the right or left braid).
Put the Havana Twist on the latch and close.
Pull Havana Twist through braid.
Put the end of the Twist through the hole in the top of the twist and pull tight.
Continue until you reach the top (about every inch or so).
Do this on each side. (I also added  few twists to a few of my middle braids for  bang).
Untwist the twists and separate for a fuller look.
Cut and style as desired.
Use pieces of the twists and bobby pins to cover any knots in the front.
I used 1 1/2 packs of hair.

BunHawk

Needed: 3 packs of Braiding Hair. Hair Gel. Hair Jam. Black Rubber Bands. Bobby pins.

Starting at the bottom. Part hair from right to left. Add gel and put into a ponytail. I chose to position my bottom ponytails to the right creating a diagonal Mohawk, you can put yours in the middle if you choose.
Continue until you have five ponytails.
Twist each ponytail and wrap it around into a small bun.
Open your pack of hair and separate into two pieces.
Using two rubber bands put one end of your braiding hair through the rubber band and slide the rubber band up to the middle of the hair.
Grab a fair amount of Hair Jam (or gel) and apply to each side of the braiding hair.
Wrap the rubber band only, around the bun on your ponytail at least two times.
Twist the braiding hair and secure the end with a rubber band.
Wrap the twisted braided hair around your ponytail bun adding bobby pins along the way.
Continue for the remaining four ponytails.
I used 2 1/2 packs of hair (each pack made 2 twisted braids). I also let the gel dry a little before adding the braiding hair to keep it neat. I finished to look with some hairspray and a little oil sheen.

I have worn this hairstyle more than once and the second time I did it I added a few thin braids in between some of the ponytails on the side. So just play with it and have fun.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts