Shani’s Southwest Chicken Soup

A few weeks ago I wanted some pulled chicken sandwiches. I decided to put a few chicken breasts and diced onion in my crockpot. Once it was done I realized I had made entirely too much shredded chicken, so I scooped out what I needed and left the rest in the crockpot. I was not sure what I wanted to do with the extra shredded chicken so I put it in a container and froze it. Finally, today I decided I would make some soup that would be perfect for this weather. I decided to share my recipe with you, this will probably be one of the easiest meals ou will ever make, the only thing that will take time is the chicken.

Shani’s Southwest Chicken Soup

Ingredients
2 shredded Chicken Breasts
4 cups Chicken Broth
½ Onion, diced
2 tbsp Garlic, minced
½ bundle of Cilantro, chopped
1 cup frozen Corn
1 cup dried Black Beans (or 14oz can)
1 14oz can diced Tomatoes
1 4oz can Green Chiles
1 8oz can Tomato Sauce
1 tbsp Oregano
2 tbsp Cumin
2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Pepper

Directions

Chicken
Boil chicken in 3-4 cups of water, add salt. Once cooked, remove chicken from water and place in a bowl. Pull chicken apart using a fork.
Beans (if using dry beans)
In a small bowl, soak beans in water overnight, rinse. You may want to cook your beans for a couple house in the crockpot or on the stove first.

Add all ingredients to your crockpot and cook on low for six hours. Do not drain your canned items. I would suggest mixing your ingredients with a large spoon after 3 hours.

Once it is done, you can add extras like sour cream, guacamole or tortilla strips to your serving.


And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts