Collard Greens w/Smoked Turkey


Thanksgiving just passed and even though I had a great time, I couldn’t eat much. A lot of the food contained pork or beef and I do not eat either. However, I have been wanting greens since I did not get the opportunity to eat any on Thanksgiving. I love my greens with smoked turkey and tonight, they hot the spot. So, I decided to share my recipe with you. I love sharing my recipes and from the views on my site, my readers love for me to share them. Enjoy.

Collard Greens

Ingredients
8 Bunches of Greens, cleaned and chopped (or one 4lb bag)
2-4 Smoked Turkey Tails (or any parts you like)
1 Medium Onion, diced
4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Jalapeno, diced (for less heat remove seeds)
96oz (12 cups) (two 48oz boxes of liquid stock)of Chicken Stock
1 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper
1/3 cup of White Vinegar
1 tablespoon of Salt
1 tsp of Pepper
*add water and bouillon if needed

Directions
Simple Method. In a large pot, add your ingredients and cook on high until it begins to boil. Once it has come to a boil, turn heat down to medium-low. (add water and chicken bouillon cubes if needed) Cover and Cook for 2 hours or until tender.

If you cannot find smoked turkey, you can buy uncooked turkey legs. In a large pot, heat pot on medium heat, add a small amount of oil. Add onions, garlic and red pepper. Once onion in tender, add turkey legs, brown you turkey legs on all sides (if your legs are too big to lay flat in your pot, do these steps in a skillet and transfer to your pot). Add 4 cups of water and boil for 30 minutes. Add greens, chicken stock and seasonings to your pot and return to a boil. Once it has come to a boil, turn heat down to medium-low. (add water and chicken bouillon cubes if needed) Cover and Cook for 2 hours.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts