Instant Pot Boiled Eggs Using the 5-5-5 Method (video)

Since joining the millions of Instant Pot users, I have become a member of quite a few groups. This is both a good and bad thing. I get the opportunity to learn from many IP users all over the world and I get to help those who need a little assistance, if I can. On the downside, I keep finding myself buying more and more stuff. With that being said, a fellow group member posted that Amazon had the IP Duo Mini (3qt) on sale for $49.99. So, I ordered one and said thanks; well, then another member posts that if I go to Target they will price match the Amazon price and give me a $20.00 gift card. So, two Target stores later, I find the last Duo Mini on the shelf and sure enough they honored the Amazon price and gave me a gift card worth $20.00. But did I cancel my previous Amazon order? Of course not, I’ve decided to give it away as a Christmas gift. My IP Duo Plus (6qt) now has a little sibling…lol.

Before you use your IP the manufacturer suggests that you perform a water test. I have performed this test on both my Mini and my Plus. Next up is cooking eggs. I never felt the desire to cook eggs and this is not something that is suggested by the manufacturer; it’s just something that most people in the groups are infatuated with. Today, I decided to use the mini to make four eggs using the 5-5-5 method.

The 5-5-5 method is a method used to cook eggs in the pressure cooker. It means: 5 minutes on manual pressure: 5 minutes of natural pressure release; 5 minutes soaking the eggs in an ice bath before you peel them.


My eggs turned out perfect and I decided to save them for breakfast the next day. Check out the video below.



Comments

Popular Posts