Easy Instant Pot Chicken & Dumplings (video)


Last year one of my co-workers brought chicken and dumplings to work. It sounded so good that I had to make some of my own. We had a pretty bad winter, so our days were pretty cold; so some warm, comfort soup was right up my alley. However, I had not had chicken and dumplings since I was a kid and my grandma had made it. So, I looked online and found a simple recipe that really hit the spot.

Now that I have my Instant Pot I wanted to create a pressure cooker version. In order to do so I had to switch up a few things while still keeping it simple and I think this recipe hits the mark just right.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
3 cups Chicken Breasts, diced (about 1 1/2 lbs)
1 tbsp Poultry seasoning
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
4 cups (32 oz) reduced-sodium Chicken Broth
1 cup of Water
2 medium Carrots, chopped (1 cup)
3 Celery ribs, chopped

1 can (10.5 oz) condensed Cream of Chicken soup
1 can (16.3 oz) refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits (8 biscuits)

Directions
Place your pressure cooker on sauté, set the temperature to normal and heat up the olive oil. Add your chicken, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; brown on all sides. Hit cancel.

Add in the celery, chicken broth and water. Lock the lid on your pressure cooker and hit the pressure cook (manual) button; set the timer to 5 minutes on high pressure.

On lightly floured surface, roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips (about 8 strips each).

Once your pressure cooker timer has stopped, perform a quick release. Let all the steam out and remove the top.

Add your soup into the pot and stir, next add your carrots and dumplings into the pot, mix thoroughly. Place your pressure cooker on sauté, set the temperature to high. Leave the lid off (or use the clear lid).

Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, turn heat down to normal and let simmer and additional 5 minutes.

Turn off the heat and ENJOY.

*Something to keep in mind: My Poultry Seasoning is also homemade so what I use to make my own is different from what is in the store. (Salt, Italian, basil, thyme, paprika, black pepper, parsley, oregano, garlic, onion, tarragon, coriander)

And...It Is What It Is!


Comments

  1. I wondered upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Military Diet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts