Instant Pot Cream of Mushroom Chicken w/Mashed Potatoes

I grew up on this recipe. My mom was making this for me before it was even a recipe offered by Campbell's. She always made it in the oven and all of my friends and family that ever had it LOVED it! The other day my daughter was saying how she wanted some of "Grandma's Cream of Mushroom Chicken". I of course had to come up with a quick conversion for a pressure cooker recipe book I am putting together for my family and share it as a blog post with you all. I use yogurt instead of sour cream in my mashed potatoes, if you would like my easy Instant Pot (pressure cooker) Yogurt recipe, click here.

Ingredients
1 lb of Chicken Legs or Thighs
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
½ Onion, chopped
1 clove of minced Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups of Chicken broth

Directions
Pour soup and 1 cup of broth in a bowl, mix thoroughly. Cover bottom of pot with half of mixture. Pour in other cup of broth. Add chicken, onion, garlic and seasonings. Pour remainder of soup over chicken. 
Place top on pressure cooker and lock. Make sure the knob is in the seal position. Press pressure cook button and set time for 25 minutes. Once it is done, Quick release by turning the knob to vent.

Frozen Directions:
Pour soup and 1 cup of broth in a bowl, mix thoroughly, set aside.
Place frozen chicken, onion, garlic and seasonings in pot pour in 1 cup of water and press Pressure Cook, set time to 15 minutes. Once it is done, Quick release by turning the knob to vent. Drain. Pour soup mixture and 1 cup of broth over chicken.
Place the top on pressure cooker and lock. Make sure the knob is in the seal position. Press the pressure cook button and set timer for 15 minutes. Once it is done, Quick release by turning the knob to vent.

Potatoes
Cut the potatoes in 4s. Place in the pressure cooker and cover with water (about 4 cups). Add a teaspoon of salt. Cook on the steam setting for 12 minutes. Once it is done, Quick release by turning the knob to vent. Drain.

Mash, Add melted butter, milk and yogurt (or sour cream) and mix (I use a mixer because I like my potatoes silky smooth but a spoon is fine).

Put your desired amount of potatoes on a plate and cover with your Cream of Mushroom Chicken.


And…It is What It Is!


Comments

Popular Posts