Instant Pot Yogurt (video)


I shared with you my first recipe that I made in my Instant Pot, however I wanted to share with you the second recipe that I made. We use Greek yogurt in my home for a lot of things. Of course we eat it flavored but I also use it as a substitute for a lot of different things like sour cream and salad dressing. So I decided to make a batch of plain yogurt that I could portion out and use for different things. I will eat some with fruit and make sour cream with some and make my lemon dill salad dressing, as well and make some tzatziki sauce. I recently discovered a really good recipe to make homemade Gyros and my homemade tzatziki sauce will go absolutely perfect with it.

The ingredients cost me less than $3.00.

Ingredients
1/2 gallon of Whole Milk
2 Tbsp of plain Greek yogurt
*make sure that the yogurt you choose has live and active cultures*

Directions
Pour milk in instant pot
Press the yogurt button twice (the screen will say boil) to bring milk to a boil (180 degrees)
Once it is done allow milk to cool down to room temp (115 degrees)
In a small bowl scoop 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt and add some of the boiled milk and mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into the instant pot with the rest of the milk and stir.
Press the yogurt button, change time to 8 hours.
Once your yogurt is done take a large to medium sized bowl and place a strainer on top. Line the strainer with cheesecloth or coffee filters. Pour the yogurt into a strainer lined with cheese cloth or coffee filters. Let it sit in the fridge until all the liquid has been strained out. I let mines strain about 8 hours.
Transfer to a sealed bowl or jars.

Makes about 4 cups 

*The left over liquid is whey, this can be used to make other things. Don't toss it, use it!

*Vegan Option
You can substitute the dairy milk for 1 can of Organic Coconut Milk and the yogurt for a probiotic supplement of your choosing (usually just 4 capsules, per 1 can of coconut milk). However, if you prefer to use Coconut milk in the carton, you will need a thickening agent. I have also been told that coconut milk is hard to bring up to 180 degrees on the yogurt setting so you may need to saute to get it there. 

And...It Is What It Is!


Comments

  1. Wholesale Virgin Human Hair Weave Bundles And Remy Hair Extensions,Brazilian Hair,Peruvian Hair,Malaysian Hair,Indian Hair in cheap brazilian body wave bundles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts