Instant Pot Duo 60 Plus Sesame Ginger Wings (video)


This is going to be a quick blog post.

Deep down in my deep freezer I came across an unopened bag of chicken wings, frozen solid. I decided to toss them in the Instant Pot. 

I added about a cup of water since I knew they’d produce their own water. I set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook for 15 minutes to allow them to thaw. Once they were done I drained the liquid leaving just enough to barely cover the wings. I then poured a bottle of Sesame Ginger over the chicken wings and reset the Instant pot to Meat for 15 minutes. 

Once it was done cooking, it was too watery for me. I wanted the sauce to be thicker so I switched the Instant Pot to saute mode without a lid to allow some of the liquid to evaporate off. 

Once my wings were done they were completely falling off the bone so instead of eating them with broccoli and salad like I had planned I ended up removing the bones and putting the meat on a roll. My kids decided to make rice and eat theirs over rice. So what seemed like a fail ended up being a win/win!

Next time I will not keep any of the leftover water and I will only cook an additional 5 minutes, unless of course I want more meat off the bone then I will repeat the process.

Check out the video below.

And…It Is What It Is!





Comments

Popular Posts