Instant Pot French Garlic Chicken


I decided I would make the Two Sleevers French Garlic Chicken. The original recipe calls for an Instant Pot Gem or stove top. However, I do not own a Gem and I did not want to make it on the stove; so I tailored the recipe for my Instant Pot. Since I tweaked the recipe I decided to write a blog post to share. If you are like me, and would like to use your IP, you now can. I changed the measurements to suit my recipe. I must say this was excellent! This is one I will most definitely make again. If you have the Gem then you can click the link above and follow the original recipe.
I paired this with a whole grain elbow pasta but I think an angel hair would have been even better. 

Check out the video below for a step-by-step visual.

Ingredients

1 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs

For the Marinade
4 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
4 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 tablespoon course Dijon Mustard
¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
¼ cup of Water

For Cooking
2 tablespoons Butter
8 cloves Garlic, minced
¼ cup of Cream

Directions
Put chicken in a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Pour marinade in the bag over chicken. Release as much air as possible and let sit for 30-60 minutes.
 
Once time has passed, turn Instant Pot on to sauté. Set timer for 30 minutes. Add butter to the pot and let melt completely.
Add garlic and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken to the pot, shake off any excess marinade. DO NOT toss marinade, set it aside.
Brown chicken on both sides, add marinade, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove chicken and set aside.
Add cream and let simmer until sauce thickens.
Add chicken back to the pot and coat with sauce. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Serve alone or over pasta or rice (you can also serve over cauli rice or zoodles). Enjoy!


And…It Is What It Is!


Comments

Popular Posts