Instant Pot Pork Ribs

As I have mentioned on this blog many many times I do not eat nor touch pork. However, I wanted to impress my mother with the Instant Pot Lux 6qt that I got her for Christmas. So, I decided that I would show her how she could enjoy ribs using her instant pot without having to pull out the grill. So I put on my gloves and made her these fall off the bone instant pot ribs. These ribs were a smaller rack so I would have changed the time to 15 minutes; 25 for normal sized rack of ribs. I did not try them but check out the video below for her reaction.

Instant Pot Pork Ribs

Ingredients
1-2 racks of baby back ribs
1/4 cup of rub (each rack)
1 cup of apple juice
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/8 cup of liquid smoke
1 bottle of bbq sauce

Rub Recipe Ingredients
2 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbsp Sea Salt
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Cumin Powder
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Onion Powder

Directions
Remove membrane from back of ribs using a napkin.
Apply rub on ribs.
Pour vinegar, apple juice and liquid smoke into the pot. Allow liquid to heat up on sauté until it begins to steam or boil. Once it is hot, Press cancel.
Place trivet in pot. Put the ribs on top of the trivet, cut ribs if needed to fit into the pot.
Close and lock the lid and make sure the knob is in the sealing position. Press the pressure cook (manual) button and set the timer to 25 minutes.
Allow the pot to do a natural pressure release for at least 15 minutes.
While you are waiting for the pressure to be released preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Remove the ribs. Place ribs on a foil covered baking sheet and apply barbecue sauce all over.
Place in the oven and heat for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has caramelized on the ribs (You can also broil until the top is caramelized).

Enjoy!

And...It Is What It Is!




Comments

Popular Posts