Shani's Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup (video)


I found myself at the Metropolitan Market recently looking for a quick bite to eat. I stumbled across some cheddar and broccoli soup. I have always loved cheddar and broccoli soup especially with a Sourdough turkey sandwich. However, I skipped out on the sandwich. This particular soup had carrots in it which I thought was different but the soup was really tasty. So I scoured the internet for broccoli cheddar soup recipes and came across a couple that I thought would work. Then, as always I decided to put my "Shani twist" on it and came up with this delicious recipe. I hope you enjoy.

Ingredients
3 tbsp Butter
1 medium Onion, diced
2 cups Carrots, diced or shredded
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Flour
4 cups Vegetable Stock
6 cups Broccoli Florets
1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 tbsp Paprika
1/2 tbsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 cups Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Heavy Cream (you can also just use more milk)

Directions
Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and add the butter.

When the butter is melted stir in the onion and carrots and cook until the onion is translucent.

Stir in the garlic and flour. Cook for 1 minute and then stir in the broth. Continue stirring until no flour lumps remain. 

Add the broccoli to the pot, pop on the lid, and set Instant Pot to cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes.
Once complete, do a quick pressure release, open the lid. Keep pot in warm mode.

Add in the Dijon mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and stir thoroughly.

Stir in cheese, mixing well until fully melted.

Once melted add in the milk and cream, mix thoroughly.

And...It Is What It Is!


Comments

Popular Posts