Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya w/Cauliflower Rice



I was at Dollar Tree with my son and I came across a box of imitation Zatarain's Jambalaya. At that moment I had an idea to make my own Jambalaya with the bag of Trader Joe’s riced cauliflower I had at home, instead of making my fried rice. This was an absolute hit in my home. So much so that my family all had seconds, leaving me none for my lunch. This was definitely one for the blog.
As with all of my recipes I share, I lay down the foundation so you can add your spin on it. So here you go.

Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya w/ Cauliflower Rice

Ingredients
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup of Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 cup of Green Bell Pepper, diced
4 stalks of Celery, diced
1 lb Shrimp, deveined
1 lb Smoked Turkey Sausage, sliced
1 10oz can Diced Tomatoes w/Chilis
1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama (or any Cajun seasoning)
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp Oregano
1 tbsp Basil
2 tbsp Gumbo File
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Cayenne
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 16oz bag of Riced Cauliflower (or 2 cups of homemade riced cauliflower)
1 tsp of Braggs Liquid Aminos (or low sodium Tamari or Soy Sauce)

Directions
Add olive oil to warm skillet on medium-high heat.
Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, celery, heat until tender.
Add shrimp and sausage, heat until shrimp is pink.
Add remaining ingredients, let simmer until cauliflower is tender; about 10 minutes or so.

Enjoy!

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts