A Little Update


Today’s blog is more of a check-in than anything. I have had such a busy few months it is crazy! I will touch on a few things I have been up to but later I will create an actual post for some of them, with more detail.

Back in December I completed my AA degree and my graduation ceremony was this past June. In January, I started my Bachelor’s program and should be done by December 2019, then on to my Master’s (yay). In January, I started a new job; I had to start putting all of my hard work to use.

In April, I went to Europe and while there, I visited London and Paris. In July, I went to my first Essence festival and had a blast. It was so much fun; I am definitely going again. I decided to take this summer off from school, so I have been making it a point to enjoy every last moment of it.

I found out I am going to be a grandma, so you can call me Nani (Nana-Shani, get it?). I will post more about how I found out and my feelings  and just all of that stuff  after she us born.
We had a backyard baby shower for my daughter with the most beautiful flower wall that we worked on for two months, at our leisure. We spent weeks getting the backyard ready; I hadn’t touched it since summer before last so it was an overgrown mess. The grass was cut last summer but that is it. The patio area was an overgrown and a mess.

In May, I started the Keto diet; I absolutely love it! It has answered so many questions I have had regarding my health. The Keto diet aligns perfectly with the Blood Type diet, for my blood type. I have been noticing the changes in my digestive system by eating Keto. Come to find out a person with my blood type should not eat too many carbs because our bodies do not process them well and they cause us to have more digestive issues than other blood types.

That is my update for now; check back to read my new more detailed posts on my adventures, DIYs, Recipes and more that I have to share!

And…It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts