Margaritas and Wine


Sometimes we need to get together with our lady friends and just have an open discussion. Sometimes we just want to be heard, sometimes we just want to listen, and sometimes we just want a moment of sisterhood.

When I lived in Jersey, I hosted my first Margaritas and Wine event but I did not call it that back then. I got the idea from my mother who sometimes would host and attend what they call pillow talks. The concept behind the event is to put topics in a sack and pass it around to different people. The topic that they pull out of the sack is one that they will start a discussion on and everyone else joins the discussion. These events can be unisex as well.

For my event everyone brings a bottle of wine or tequila and a small dish. I cook a nice spread, provide mixers and some bottles of my own and wine glasses that my guests get to take home. I like to start with a focus like future goals before the liquor kicks in. For my last Margaritas and Wine event we all presented our 5 Year Plans. I firmly believe that the people you surround yourself with should encourage and support your growth. After we went over our 5 Year Plans we began to pass around the topics.

We always have so much fun during this event. All discussed topics are kept in the room and there's no judgement. My cousin wants to host the next one at her house which will be good. I want to wait until next summer to host another one; I hate planning functions during my school year, I also want for it to be unisex.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts