Blackened Chicken Tenders



Since adopting a Keto lifestyle I have found myself looking for delicious food I can enjoy at home and share with the family. One of my favorite snacks while on the run are the blackened tenders from Popeyes. Yes, I know I don't eat fast food but someone in one of my Keto groups suggested them and I've enjoyed them ever since. But now I can make my own and feed two of us for less than two orders at Popeyes ($8). I picked up a package of 10 tenders for less than $6. I also added a simple, yummy keto-friendly sauce made by mixing a garlic aioli mustard with parmesan caesar dressing and adding in the remaining seasoning from the chicken. These tenders were so tasty and juicy. My son and I enjoyed every last bite.

Ingredients
1lb Chicken Tenders
1/4 cup oilve oil
1/2 tbsp cayenne
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp lemon pepper
1/2 tbsp white pepper
1/2 tbsp seasoning salt (or sea salt)
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tbsp paprika
1/2 tbsp thyme

Directions
Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot add olive oil.

In a small bowl, mix all spices and set aside.

Lay raw chicken tenders flat. Sprinkle with half of your spice mix.

Lay chicken flat in hot skillet, seasoned side down. Turn heat down to medium. Season bare side of chicken. Let cook for 5 minutes.

Flip chicken over and cook and additional 3-5 minutes.

Lay tenders on a napkin to drain excess oil. Serve with a delicious sauce.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts