Shani’s Keto Spaghetti – 2 ways


My daughter was making some of my spaghetti and said she would leave out some sauce for me before she mixed it all together. Well, that did not happen; she ended up mixing it all together (method one). So, I decided to make my own keto spaghetti. I had a few bags of the zero pasta and needed to use it anyway, plus by me making it myself, I was able to ensure it was keto. So, typically, when I make spaghetti it made in one large pot. Every once in a while, I make the noodles, then pour the sauce on top. Each method works fine, however with the mix method (method one) all of your flavors mix so much better. However, for my first keto spaghetti, I played it safe and went with method two.

Shani’s Keto Spaghetti – 2 ways

Ingredients
1lb of ground Meat (I use turkey)
½ half Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
½ cup Mushrooms, chopped
1 jar of no sugar added or sugar free spaghetti sauce (you can also make your own)
1 lb smoked Sausage or kielbasa (I used turkey), sliced into halves
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp Oregano
1 tsp crushed Red Pepper
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper, ground
1 tsp onion, granulated or powder
1 tsp garlic, granulated or powder
4 bags of Zero Pasta Shirataki Spaghetti
1-2 cups of Cheddar Cheese, shredded

Directions
Preheat large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add ground Meat, Onions, Garlic, Bell Peppers, and Mushrooms. Cook until meat has browned completely, mix frequently.

Once meat is browned thoroughly, (if using low fat turkey or chicken you do not need to drain).

Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT the noodles.
Let simmer.

Pour noodles into a colander (strainer) and rinse.

Boil noodles in a saucepan. Once they have come to a boil, remove from heat and drain water.

Method One: Add noodles and cheese into your sauce and mix thoroughly. Let simmer for 10-20 minutes. Stir frequently.

Method Two: Let your sauce simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Add your desired amount of noodles onto a plate and spoon sauce on top.

*Optional: Top with cheese.

*I also sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

**Some people like to pan fry or microwave the noodles to remove excess water. If doing so, for the best results, I would suggest doing so after you boil.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts