Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs


I decided to have a holiday party over the past weekend; you can check out that post here. Over the course of the week leading up to my holiday party, I came across a video for Cajun shrimp deviled eggs. I really liked the idea, so I decided to make some using my original deviled egg recipe (without the instant pot). I really like my own recipe for deviled eggs, but I wanted to tweak it a little bit and make this version. I am glad that I did because they were a hit at the party.

When I am having a party I like to start preparing some of my food the night before and deviled eggs are one of them. The reason I like to do this is that once you put your eggs in the refrigerator it makes them more sturdy so when you cut them the white of the egg does not fall apart or tear. I also prepped and seasoned the shrimp the night before and stored them in a sandwich bag in the fridge overnight.

You can make this recipe keto by omitting the sweet relish or replacing it with dill relish.

Check out my recipe below.

Ingredients
12 Eggs
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
3 Tbsp Sweet or Dill Pickle Relish
1 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper

Shrimp
1lb large Shrimp (50-60)
1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama (or any Cajun seasoning of your choice)
1 tbsp Old Bay
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Onion Powder

Garnish:
Paprika
Parsley, dried

Directions
Boil eggs in saltwater. Drain the hot water and place eggs in cold water for at least 5 minutes or longer, you can also add ice.

Peel eggs and place in the fridge for at least an hour (if you have time, leave them overnight).

Add clean, peeled, deveined, tail removed shrimp to a bowl. Sprinkle with Slap Ya Mama, Old Bay, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix thoroughly ensuring that all shrimp are covered. Place shrimp in a ziplock bag and remove all of the air and place the bag in the refrigerator for at least an hour. You can do this the night before like the eggs.

Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and cook on medium-high heat for 1 minute on each side. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.

Remove eggs from the refrigerator and slice the long way.

Carefully remove the yolks and put them into a bowl. Set the whites aside.

Mash the yolks with a fork or potato masher.

Add mayonnaise, yogurt, relish, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.

Mix all ingredients until smooth.

Set 24 of your shrimp aside. Dice the remaining shrimp into tiny pieces. Add the desired amount to the egg mixture.

Mix thoroughly.

Put the mix into a small plastic sandwich bag and cut off one end, squeeze mix into the center of each egg white (you can also use a spoon).

Top each with remaining whole shrimp.

Sprinkle with paprika and parsley

Makes 24 servings

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts