Shani's Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup


My son was sick over the weekend and he wanted some chicken noodle soup. He had not been eating and could not really move around too much. His temperature was 103.4 and once I got his temperature down to 99.2 with Motrin and Liquid IV Hydration Multiplier Electrolyte Drink Mix, he was still light-headed. He had not been eating anything and he needed some nutrients. I decided to go for a late night Walmart run and I was going to grab a can of chicken noodle soup but I just did not like any of the ingredients in any if them. So, I decided to make some in my Instant Pot. I already had everything anyway except for the celery and carrots. Plus, this is the perfect time of year for a nice bowl of soup. I made quite a bit so I will be freezing some of it for later. Check out my homemade recipe below.

Ingredients 
2 tbsp Butter (divided)
2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 cups Carrots, sliced
2 cups Celery, sliced
1 small Onion, chopped
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
Fresh Squeezed Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
1tbsp Thyme
1tsp Italian Seasoning
1tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1tbsp Himalayan Sea Salt
1tsp Black Pepper
1tbsp Old Bay
1tbsp Slap Ya Mama
4 cups Chicken Broth
4 cups Water
1 Bay Leaf
16oz Egg Noodles

Directions
Put Instant Pot (IP) on Saute mode on high.

Add 1 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.

Add chicken and brown each side.

Remove from heat and set aside.

Add remaining butter to IP.

Add celery, onions, carrots, and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent.

Add lemon juice and seasonings. Mix.

Return chicken back to the IP.
Add chicken broth, water, and bay leaf.

Cover and lock your IP. Change valve to sealing position.

Hit cancel on your IP. Switch to Pressure Cook mode. Set timer to 7 minutes.

Allow IP to release the pressure naturally.

Once the pressure is released and the valve has dropped, open the IP and remove the chicken and set aside.

Hit the Cancel button on your IP and switch back to Saute mode.

Add your noodles.

Shred your chicken then add it back to the IP.

Cook until noodles are tender.

Comments

Popular Posts