Vortex Plus Air Fryer Wings


I was reading a post from one of the Instant Air Fryer groups on Facebook and a member of the group is having a hard time with their air fryer. For them, nothing seems to be coming out right. So, as I was offering them suggestions on cook times I was referencing some of the foods that I have made in my Frigidaire air fryer and not in my Vortex Plus air fryer. Before I gave them directions on how to cook some delicious wings in the Vortex Plus, I wanted to cook my own wings in my Vortex since I hadn't made any in there. That way I could provide them with an appropriate recipe, instructions, and a video detailing exactly how to make wings that they would really like.

I make these wings all the time either in the stove or in the oven and they are a hit. I didnt make them very often in my air fryer because before I got the Vortex, I only had my Frigidaire which can only hold about 6 wings which is not very much if you're making them for multiple people.

One of my most popular wing recipes consists of lemon pepper, Tajin, and garlic. I decided that I would make those for my brunch then later on in the evening a friend of mine came over to watch the football game and I made some parmesan garlic wings using the Johnny's Parmesan Garlic seasoning. What I love most about this recipe is that you can choose whatever seasoning you want. The preparation is the same so you can make multiple different varieties at the same time without a lot of extra work. Even though this recipe was for the Vortex, you can use any type of air fryer and I have also included the stove top and the oven directions. 

Now, I always make my wings while they're frozen and I know a lot of people prefer to defrost their wings first. However, most of the time I don't have time to defrost my wings. The best thing about cooking them in the air fryer is that it only adds an additional 10 to 15 minutes to your cook time. It definitely takes a lot longer than that to defrost your wings first.

I use butter to help the dry mix adhere to the chicken wings. However, if you are not using a dry mix and you are using a wet mix such as a buffalo sauce you do not need the butter.

Ingredients
Wing Selections
Butter or sauce*
Seasoning of your choice

Directions
Press the Air Fry preset button. Allow Vortex to preheat. Once it is ready the Vortex will tell you to add food.
It will preset to 400 degrees for 20 mins change time to 35 mins. Place wings on middle rack and cook for 20 minutes.
Flip wings and move to top rack.
Cook 10 minutes flip back to other side. Cook until done.

Total cook time in AF will be 35 mins if frozen.

In a medium sized bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Toss the wings in the butter and make sure all of the wings are coated every. Toss in your dry seasoning.

*If you're making wet wings, skip the butter step and coat wings in sauce of your choice.

* If your wings are already thawed out, you can reduce cook time to 20 minutes and cook on the top rack the entire time, flipping half way through. 
*UPDATE* 
My Vortex does not like a lot of steam and will shut off after a while. So if my wings are frozen, I microwave them for 10 mins and then pop in the AirFryer for 20 mins on 400°. Since my wings are usually ALWAYS frozen, this has been my go-to, and it works wonderfully. 

Oven Cooking
Use a broiler pan for best results.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Bake uncovered on broiler pan. Flip halfway, back until crispy.

Follow remaining seasoning directions above.

Stove Top Cooking
Fill skillet 1/4 with oil. Heat oil on medium high heat. Once hot, add wings and turn heat to medium. If frozen, cover wings and keep covered until wings are thawed. Uncover and allow to brown. Turning every 5-10 mins until crispy.

Follow remaining seasoning directions above.

And...It Is What It Is!
See video here















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts