Keto Zucchini/Squash Fritters


I was scrolling on social media and I came across a post in a chaffle group I am in. It wasn't a chaffle and to be honest, I have no idea what it was but it made me think of making a zucchini chaffle. Later that evening I was scrolling again and someone posted a zucchini fritter recipe. I decided to try my hand at making it into a keto friendly chaffle. However, I didn't have any zucchini, but I had squash.

This was so flavorful and delicious. The recipe made 3 chaffles. I ate one and saved the other two for the next day. They heated up just fine in the microwave for one minute.

Below you will find both the stove top fritter and chaffle directions.

Ingredients 
8 ounces zucchini or Squash, grated
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 tablespoon Almond Flour
1/2 tablespoon Coconut Flour
2-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan Cheese
1 large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1-1/2 teaspoons Olive Oil 

Directions
Toss zucchini/squash and salt together in a large colander and place in sink to drain for 10 minutes.
Put zucchini/squash in the middle of a piece of cheesecloth; wrap cheesecloth around zucchini/squash and squeeze to drain as much moisture from zucchini/squash as possible (use paper towel or dish cloth if you dont have cheese cloth).

Mix almond and coconut flour, Parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Stir in zucchini/squash. 

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. 

Scoop batter by the tablespoon into the hot skillet and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.

Spray your waffle or griddle maker with olive oil. Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of mix into your Dash waffle or griddle maker. Cook 3-4 minutes.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts