My First Full Head Sew In w/Invisible Part & Closure (Video)

I had such a busy weekend it was crazy! I was doing hair all weekend long!!!

So a long time friend of mines came all the way to my house to give me the honor of doing her hair. My initial plan was to do my typical weave install (full head with a natural part) well to my surprise she wanted a full head weave with an invisible part.
This was my first time having to close a weave and create an invisible part that was not underneath a natural part (see my post on invisible part here).

We used the HOLLYWOOD 100% Virgin Remy Hair Weave (Start to Finish) - YesONE Set which comes with a Starter (baby hair and long hair on one track), Closure & 3 bundles of hair, 14 inches in a color 1.

I decided to braid her hair differently than I did in my last invisible install, in that video I had 3 tiny braids going back and I sewed the split tracks across them, this time I braided small braids going down, six on her right about an inch long and eight on her left about an inch and a half, the part is on her right side. I sewed the tracks to each individual braid, I did not split these tracks.

I have seen many videos where the braids where braided across then the stylist would French braid all of the braids going back creating two big braids while the rest of the hair had smaller braids. Then they would have to try and cover those huge braids under the hair but you can always see that it looks higher in that area. So what I decided to do was braid the braids down then start my usual braiding pattern with the braids going back at a slant and I just connected the smaller braids down into each bigger braid going back, creating a flat surface.

I installed the hair in the typical u shape then I did the closure, due to the invisible pattern her closure ended up oval shaped so I created an oval shaped closure and sewed it down, I do not show this in the video because I was winging it. I had never created an oval closure piece, I have however practiced making a circular closure. I finished sewing in the remain tracks, then I ran the flat iron over the top of her hair to flatten it down more. After I was satisfied I cut and curled her hair.

And once again I have another happy customer! I hope you enjoy the video!

And…It Is What It Is


Comments

Popular Posts