Update on My Do-It-Myself Project


Back in September I posted about buying a waxing kit and stated I would start doing my own waxing, well I have and I enjoy saving money. I’ve gotten the hang of waxing myself and I’m no longer afraid to rip away the strip like I have been in the past. Right now I only wax my own face but who knows maybe one day I will do other parts of my body as well.

Aside from saving money, another convenience of doing my own waxing and lashes is time, I am not on anyone else’s time, I am on my own time. If I don’t get home until 10pm and I know I need my face waxed  or lashes done for the next day then I can do it at 10pm.

I am extremely picky about my eyebrows, I like my eyebrows to keep their natural shape, my eyebrows only need a clean-up, I don’t need a full waxing and shaping with my eyebrows and if someone messes up my eyebrows, I’m going to look like a fool until they grow back.

One more thing is I know that I am the only person using my wax, well, maybe my daughter but that’s it. I don’t have to worry about the cleanliness of the wax when I know I make it a point to clean my face before waxing and I only use clean waxing sticks.

The above photo is of my eyebrows and lashes, both done by me. I don’t have to wax very often but I’ve done it enough times to get the hang of shaping, one thing I found out is you have to apply a thick layer of wax, not too thick but not too thin. It may just be the wax I have but the more I apply the better it works.

The GiGi Space Saver Wax Warmer does not come with a lid so I decided to buy the GiGi Honee Wax Warmer (pictured below) since it does comes with a lid. It is on sale until the end of the day today for $29.99, normally 41.99, I also received a free 14oz container of GiGi All Purpose Honee Wax and 100 Natural Muslin strips and a DVD with my purchase.

I am giving my GiGi Space Saver Wax Warmer to my daughter.
I haven’t made a video on waxing yet, one day when I have time I will make sure to do one for you on a full face wax.

FYI: Instead of paying a bunch of money for the small applicators (looks like a popsicle stick) you can buy about 50 from Dollar Tree in the craft section for a dollar.

And…It Is What It Is!!




Comments

Popular Posts