Instant Pot (6 qt) Collard Greens w/Smoked Turkey (video)


After sharing with you my original Collard Greens recipe, I bought my Instant Pot. So, of course I had to share with you my pressure cooker recipe. As you can see, I am loving my new pressure cooker. I am thinking of purchasing two more. Another 6 qt just in case and a 3 qt. I have scaled down this recipe to fit a 6 qt pressure cooker, however my original measurements may be fine. If you have an 8 qt then I would use the original measurements. This recipe is simple and easy with lots of flavor, add a jalapeno for an extra kick!

Ingredients
2-4 Smoked Turkey Tails (or any parts/meat you like)
32-48oz (4-6 cups) of Chicken Stock (I prefer a lot of liquid)
1 4 lb bag (or 8 bunches, cleaned and chopped) Greens
1/3 cup of White Vinegar
1 Small Onion, diced
5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Jalapeno, diced (for less heat remove seeds)
1 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper
1 tablespoon of Salt
1 tsp of Pepper

Directions
In your Instant Pot, add your stock/broth, vinegar, and meat. Now add your greens. Lastly, add the rest of the ingredients on top. Lock the lid on your pot, turn the knob to Seal. Push Pressure Cook and set the time for 90 minutes.

Once the timer goes off allow pot to do a natural release (NR). This will release the steam naturally. Once all of the steam has been released and the valve has dropped, open the pot and mix your ingredients and serve. Enjoy

*If you do not have smoked turkey, any meat will do. I like to pan-sear my meat before I add it.

You can also use water instead of broth or stock. You can add boullion cubes or just allow the meat to pre-cook in your pot for an hour before adding your greens. Allowing the bones to cook, flavors your liquid and creates a delicious broth. So even if you don't have a pre-made both, you will be just fine.

I sometimes make mines before bed and dump it all in at once and allow it to cook overnight.

And...It Is What It Is!





Comments

Popular Posts