Shani's Cheesy Potato Casserole

I swear I am the queen of making up meals in the kitchen. The other day I made my breakfast bake. I decided to do something a little different and cut the potatoes differently. You can check out the video here. When I made those potatoes, I cut too many; so I decided that I would make something else with them. Initially, I was going to make funeral potatoes; but once I got started, I changed my mind. I decided to use some of the ingredients I had in the refrigerator including my homemade yogurt.

As with all of my made up dishes, if I like it, I share it. So here you go.

Ingredients
Thick, short julienne cut potatoes
1/4 cup Heavy cream
1 tbsp Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp Butter, melted
1/2 cup Spinach, fresh, chopped
1/2 cup Mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup Scallions, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tsp Garlic Parmesan
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 cup Cheddar Cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Peel the potatoes. Using a mandolin switch to the Julian thick-cut blade and cut your potatoes the short way. If you do not have a mandolin slice your potatoes into circles then cut each circle into strips.

In a large bowl mix all ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. Mix well.

Pour the mixture into a 9 x 9 baking dish and cover with foil place in the oven for 60 minutes.

Remove the potatoes, remove foil and cover with cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes uncovered.

And...It Is What It Is!

Comments

Popular Posts